Our destiny as a techy guy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our destiny as a techy guy.

I read PCWorld Vietnam this morning, one of a few IT - magazines in this country that seems somewhat serious about its content and don't rush for the script kiddie stuff. This month's issue features two article about three tragedy losses of the IT world this year. Steve Jobs' works were highlighted in an 8 pages long article with lots of pictures while John McCarthy and Dennis Ritchie was put together in an 2 pages only article with two faces (of them) in it, We must admit that two pages was much nicer than what other magazines would give them but that was it, only two pages.

I put an status on facebook and an - so called - iFan said that I would not understand because I haven't used iProduct. Then it stroke me, what we, future engineers and scientists of this country, were destined to? A little time for side note: If you come to this university and dream of neither engineering nor science, if you just want to become another Bill Gate or Steve then you can stop reading and piss off, those guys didn't need techy stuffs to be successful, just piss off and start you BUSINESS, you future businessman

We who committed to this techy path is following the footstep of McCarthy and Ritchie, let's be known that perhaps not even a single one of us will ever be able to accomplish as great a job as what they did. But even if we will, we was still destined to be poorer than Bill and Steve, to be inferior as a public figures, to be less missed when we pass away. Be sad as much as you want, but that was what destiny await us and we can't change that. For Steve to be able to bring iPhone to the world, many engineers spent many sleepless nights working hard. I doubt any iFan could remember the name of any of those engineers.

The destiny is settled, but what we can change is our attitude. Let us all aware that we are the one who made the whole things possible. Unix set the standard for modern operating system and almost every operating system was written in C or its variants. Without McCarthy and Ritchie there will be no Windows, no MacOS, no iOS, no linux, no android, no anything. They are great man and they will be missed, at least among the rank of engineer and scientist they will be missed.

There are great heroes, but the greatest hero is the one who doesn't have our recognition.

PS: This post was English, as allowed by the rule. The content was spell checked but your are welcome to find any error and obscure statements, I will try to correct them as much as I could. The reason this post was in English is for trolling prevention, if you don't understand it then keep out! I'm in an emotional state and trolling comment will meet severe consequences.
    Last edited by 07520004; 13-11-2011, 16:20.

Just as a though came up in my mind a a few minutes ago "if you choose the easy way, making a stupid product that's unable to match people's demand, you'd better stop it right at the beginning".
    Btw, i never read that magazine. Did i miss a thing....

Comment

Just some grammatical suggestions

Originally posted by 07520004 View Post
      one of a few IT - magazines in this country that seemS somewhat serious about its content

This month's issue features two articleS about three tragedy lossES of the IT world this year.

We must admit that two pages was much nicer than what other magazineS would give them but that was it, only two pages.

Then it stroke me, what we - future engineerS and scientistS of this country, ARE destined to?

But even if we will, we wERE (actually it should be "ARE", just like the sentence above - if you don't believe in fate ) still destined to be poorer than Bill and Steve, to be inferior as public figureS, to be less missed when we pass away.

many engineers spent many sleepless nightS working hard. I doubt that any iFan could remember the name of any of those engineers.
      Last edited by 08520206; 13-11-2011, 16:06.

Comment

Nice job bro You must be a great English tutor xD
        As expected from a guy who passed directly to C6 class =D
        Originally posted by 08520206 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by ducnh View Post
          Just as a though came up in my mind a a few minutes ago "if you choose the easy way, making a stupid product that's unable to match people's demand, you'd better stop it right at the beginning".
          Btw, i never read that magazine. Did i miss a thing....
          I don't get you. What do you mean, your thought doesn't seem relevant to my post.

Originally posted by 08520206 View Post
          Fixed them.

Comment

Huh, i didnt make it clearly? Oh sorry
            I mean i know about the destiny that most of our iters will face, do hard works in silence without the acknowledge of life.

Comment

It's so sad that life isn't fair. But soon, Steve Jobs will be forgotten and will be replaced by another guy........
              by the way, nice try in English bro.
              Khoảng cách giữa bạn và ước mơ của bạn là bao xa ?

Comment

Wait for more arguments, excuse me! any iFan here ? come and give some comments :-)
                P/s : I really love this style of post
                Amat Victoria Curam.

------
                Ping me at me@toan.mobi

Comment

That is the difference between ENTREPRENEUR and SCIENTIST. They have their own value. The significant things are : "what will we want to be and what we need to do to reach our purposes". It's my presonal thinks.

Comment

of course i'll remember Steve Jobs, not Richie. But i'm not an iFan.
                    Why should an engineer be remembered if his influence is nothing to compare to a businessman?
                    Bùm, Maria Ozawa Bin Laden, chuyên gia cưa bom hàng đầu Việt Nam

Comment

Originally posted by 08520500 View Post
                      That is the difference between ENTREPRENEUR and SCIENTIST. They have their own value. The significant things are : "what will we want to be and what we need to do to reach our purposes". It's my presonal thinks.
                      Many businessman (I used that word instead "Entrepreneur") are not famous while many scientists are very famous. I can call some name like:"Albert Einstein" or "Newton" or "Pascal" and "Mendeleev",.....or "Chau B. Ngo" (Ngô Bảo Châu) is another one familiar with us. The problem is how lucky for us to be known after we have done something big. Personally I think the number of scientists to be known and be famous is more than businessman so stay with sciences.
                      Last edited by 09520019; 13-11-2011, 17:34.

Comment

Originally posted by 08520195 View Post
                        of course i'll remember Steve Jobs, not Richie. But i'm not an iFan.
                        Why should an engineer be remembered if his influence is nothing to compare to a businessman?
                        Nice trolling dude (you are so dead)! For clarification, what do you mean by "influence"

Comment

Nice trolling dude (you are so dead)! For clarification, what do you mean by "influence"
                          he didn't know how to use the word "influence" and in Vietnamese, that mean "cảm hứng".

In the book of crowd psychology, it wrote that "The man who is lying to a crowd will be their master while the man who brings the knowledge to the crowd, will be their slave.
                          Last edited by 09520019; 13-11-2011, 17:57.

Comment

A scientist can do nothing without the aid of entrepreneurs ! From the beginning of history, entrepreneurs and money are the driving force of the society, including science.
                            To me, science is just a tool, more or less.
                            Science is important, but it is NOTHING if it can't be applied to production.

I'll be back at 9

Comment

Originally posted by 09520019 View Post
                              he didn't know how to use the word "influence" and in Vietnamese, that mean "cảm hứng".

In the book of crowd psychology, it wrote that "The man who is lying to a crowd will be their master while the man who brings the knowledge to the crowd, will be their slave. Troll never know that just because.......
                              Even this is something remarkable, its quite far for me. Me choose the way to gain knowledge, to live and share the duties with others
                              A scientist can do nothing without the aid of entrepreneurs ! From the beginning of history, entrepreneurs and money are the driving force of the society, including science.
                              To me, science is just a tool, more or less.

I'll be back at 9
                              Its certainly a tool, but for someone it is the goal of their whole life
                              Remind me my first post in this thread
                              Last edited by Guest; 13-11-2011, 17:59.

Comment

LHQC

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X